Providing a UK based guarantor
Before you move into private accommodation, most landlords or lettings agencies will ask you for a UK based guarantor.
This is someone who will pay your rent if you fall into debt whilst studying at the University of Bath.
If you cannot provide a UK guarantor, it’s likely that you’ll have to pay a large amount, or all of the rent upfront.
To avoid this, you can apply for the YourGuarantor scheme.
The University of Bath works with Your Guarantor, who can act as your UK guarantor if you need one.
YourGuarantor can only do this:
- To cover a maximum of £1500 per person, per month rent, no other debts
- For assured short hold tenancies (a typical type of tenancy in the UK)
YourGuarantor charges a percentage of your total lease for using their service:
- 3.5% if you are an overseas or EU student
- 5% if you are a UK student
If you struggle to pay this fee please see Student Money Advice for assistance.
Before you apply
- not be in a situation that would affect you paying your rent on time
- understand that you are responsible for all costs, such as replacement keys or property damage, as well as rent payments
Contact us if you have any questions on email@example.com.