Using the laundry safely
- clean the machines before and after you use them with the provided cleaning equipment.
- once the machine has started, leave the launderette and return only when it has finished.
- avoid unnecessary contact and only touch the surfaces you need to in order to operate, load and unload a machine.
- when you leave the launderette, take your basket and other belongings with you. Don't leave personal items in the launderette during your wash.
- to reduce the amount of time spent waiting, you can check the availability of washers and dryers online or using the circuit mobile plus app .
How to use the laundry
To use the launderettes you will need to download the circuit mobile plus app. This works on both Apple and Android smart-phones. You will need your email and to create a password.
To start, scan a machine’s QR code and select wash programme required.
Most of our launderettes are operated by Circuit Laundry and can be found on campus and in city accommodation.
Launderettes are open from 7am to 10pm, seven days a week.
Launderettes on campus
- By the student parcel office
- Marlborough Court
- Norwood House level 4
- The Quads
- Woodland Court
Launderettes in the city
- Carpenter House
- Cleveland Buildings
- John Wood complex
- Pulteney Court
- Thornbank Gardens
- Green Park House
There is also West Side Laundry, by the West Accommodation Operations Office, managed by the ResLife Operations Team.
To pay for your laundry you will need to load funds on the circuit mobile plus app. You can use PayPal or a debit/credit card. You can not use cash or top up cards.
Washing powder is not supplied, you must bring your own.
- standard wash: £2.80
- super cycle wash: £3.30
- tumble dry: £1.50
If you are moving into university managed accommodation (excluding The Quads and Polden where washing facilities are provided free of charge) you will receive £28 credit on your circuit account. You will need to set up your account with your university username and email (e.g email@example.com) to receive the credit. We will email you prior to your arrival with details of how to do this.
Check machine availability
You can check the availability of washers and dryers in real-time using Laundry View or the feature on the circuit mobile plus app, so you don't make a wasted trip to the launderette.
If you leave your laundry unattended in a machine for a long time it will be removed.
Report a fault
Troubleshooting and help can be found on the Circuit Laundry website.
There is also information in each launderette on how to report faults.
All laundry services are managed by Circuit Laundry. Report a faulty machine via the circuit plus mobile app or call 01422 820040.
You will need to quote the location of the launderette and the machine number, which can be found on the front of the machine.
We are unable to issue any refunds on Circuit Laundry's behalf.