Using the laundry
How to use the laundry, locate your nearest launderette, pay and check machine availability if you are a student.
Using the laundry safely
To reduce the risk of spreading COVID-19, we advise that you follow our guidance when using the launderette facilities:
- clean the machines before and after you use them with the provided cleaning equipment. Pay particular attention to the handle and controls.
- once the machine has started, leave the launderette and return only when it has finished.
- avoid unnecessary contact and only touch the surfaces you need to in order to operate, load and unload a machine.
- when you leave the launderette, take your basket and other belongings with you. Don't leave personal items in the launderette during your wash.
- observe social distancing guidelines when visiting the launderette. If you are unable to keep a 2 metre distance from others, wait before entering.
- to reduce the amount of time spent waiting, you can check the availability of washers and dryers online.
You need a laundry card to use the washing machines and dryers. You will receive your card in your welcome pack when you collect your key from your accommodation centre.
You can buy a replacement laundry card for £2 from vending machines at:
Our launderettes are operated by Circuit Laundry and can be found on campus and in city accommodation.
Launderettes are open from 7am to 10pm, seven days a week unless stated otherwise below.
Launderettes on campus
- By the student parcel office
- Marlborough Court
- Norwood House level 4 (open 8am to midnight)
- The Quads
- West Side Laundry, by the West Accommodation Operations Office
- Woodland Court (open 8am to midnight)
Launderettes in the city
- Carpenter House (open 8am to midnight)
- Cleveland Buildings
- James House
- John Wood complex
- Pulteney Court
- Thornbank Gardens
Your laundry card is pre-loaded with credit for one standard wash.
Washing powder is not supplied, you must bring your own.
You can top up your card online.
- standard wash: £2.80
- super cycle wash: £3.30
- tumble dry: £1.50
Check machine availability
You can check the availability of washers and dryers in real-time using Laundry View, so you don't make a wasted trip to the launderette.
If you leave your laundry unattended in a machine for a long time it will be removed.
Report a fault
Troubleshooting and help can be found on the Circuit Laundry website.
All laundry services are managed by Circuit Laundry. Report a faulty machine on 0800 0924 068.
You will need to quote the location of the launderette and the machine number, which can be found on the front of the machine.
We are unable to issue any refunds on Circuit Laundry's behalf.