Future scheduled sessions
Title: Developing Research Skills Together as QUAL Researchers
Facilitator: Vienne Lin (EdD Research in Education) & Vibhor Mathur (PhD Research Programme in Social & Policy Sciences)
Date, Time and Venue: Friday 27th January 23 at 12:00-13:00 online (you will be invited to the session in your Outlook calendar before the day).
- The Centre for Qualitative Research at the University of Bath is setting up a Community of Practice (CoP) for doctoral researchers engaging or interested in qualitative research.
- This Doctoral Roundtable invites you to explore the possibilities that the new CoP (one of the Centre’s ongoing efforts to create spaces of learning, sharing and supporting qualitative research at the University) can bring.
- A primarily student-led and student-run space, the CoP aims to be a space to bring you (as doctoral researchers) together to share your learnings, ask questions and navigate the often complex, diverse and lonely space of doing qualitative research.
- This Roundtable will invite you to engage in conversation about the different activities which could be introduced to bring Doctoral Researchers together e.g., seminars, collective support groups, resource sharing platforms, question cafes, reading groups and a lot else that we need and can design.
- The CoP can explore anything and everything that you (as Doctoral students at the University of Bath) need and want, to be able to successfully carry out research.
- This Doctoral Roundtable welcomes you at any stage of your doctoral journey to discuss the new CoP and to develop a doctoral network in this area.