- The mix of supervisors identified at candidature has come under greater scrutiny (Department of Architecture & Civil Engineering).
- Made more opportunities for group supervision (Doctorate in Clinical Psychology programme).
- Department hosted a supervision best practice forum (Department of Psychology).
- Clarified the role of the 2nd supervisor and there is more contact between students and their 2nd supervisors (Department of Physics).
- Directors of Studies (DoS) meeting with new Supervisors to advise and assist settling-in (Department of Computer Science).
In addition, the Doctoral College has done the following:
- Introduced a checklist for students and supervisors to use for their first meeting.
- Set up a working group to develop new supervisor training and enhance existing training and support provision. Outputs include a new online resource for Doctoral Supervisors, with over 20 news videos, and links to EPIGEUM resources.
- Reviewed student expectations of what excellent supervision means to them.
- Set up a new DoS Forum from 29 March 2022 to share best-practice across departments and to review progress made by departments in addressing issues raised in their PRES/PDES Action Plans.