In an informal setting and over light refreshments, at this doctoral research methods café you will be able to:
- connect with staff and other doctoral researchers from across the University
- ask for advice and tips from staff on qualitative and quantitative research
- collaborate with others to discuss common approaches and support each other with shared problems
- meet our friendly Doctoral Engagement Ambassadors who will be facilitating the event
- enjoy a tea/ coffee or a cold drink with cake
Find out about the staff experienced in qualitative and quantitative research who will attend on the day:
Staff joining on the day
Dr Sheree Bekker, Senior Lecturer in the Department of Health, will be able offer tips in relation to general qualitative queries across a range of qualitative methods.
Dr Stefanie Gustafsson, Senior Lecturer from the School of Management, can offer advice on visual methods and multimodal approaches in the broader context of organisations and work.
Dr Rita Chawla-Duggan, Senior Lecturer from the Department of Education, can help with qualitative research matters, particularly in the areas of visual methods, ethnography and visual ethnography.
Dr Sophia Hatzisavvidou, Senior Lecturer in the Department of Politics, Languages and International Studies, will be able offer support in relation to your qualitative queries.
Dr Jeffrey Lambert, Lecturer from the Department of Health, can provide guidance in relation to quantitative matters.
MASH (Mathematics Resources Centre) will be able to help you with quantitative matters. MASH's role is to support all members of the University with maths and statistics. They offer bookable statistics appointments specifically for researchers.