Cleaning services we aim to provide
This information is for the 2022 to 2023 academic year.
We aim to:
- clean kitchens, shared bathrooms and social areas every two weeks
- clean en-suite bathrooms once per term
You are responsible for the day-to-day cleaning of your accommodation.
- make sure your kitchen, social areas and shared bathrooms are cleaned regularly throughout the week
- do any washing up straight away
- Washing up must not be left in the kitchen, otherwise our Operations team cannot clean thoroughly
- keep surfaces, worktops and windowsills clear and clean, use the cupboards provided
- keep communal areas tidy and clutter free, so everyone can use the space and help our staff when cleaning
- clean your own bedroom and en-suite bathroom (if you have one) each week
- regularly remove your rubbish
- recycle as much of your rubbish as possible
Read our cleaning guide for further support and advice on how to keep your accommodation clean.
We check kitchens and communal areas during your given cleaning time.
If the cleanliness of your kitchen falls below an acceptable standard, you will have 48 hours to improve it.
If there is no improvement, our staff will carry out a full deep clean at a cost of up to £35 per resident. You will be given a date and time of when the deep clean will take place.
We check bedrooms regularly.
If your room is below an acceptable standard you will have one week to improve.
If there is no improvement, our staff will carry out a full deep clean, which you will be charged £50 for.
You will be given a date and time of when the deep clean will take place.