Cleaning your University accommodation
What you must do to keep your accommodation clean and the cleaning services we provide.
You are responsible for the day-to-day cleaning of your accommodation.
Kitchens and communal areas
- clean up spillages
- keep fridges and freezers tidy and throw away unwanted food
- keep the oven, grill pan and microwave free of cooking debris
- keep surfaces, worktops and windowsills clear
- wash up and put away crockery and cutlery
- avoid leaving personal belongings in kitchens, corridors or bathrooms
- put all rubbish and recycling in appropriate bins
- take your rubbish to the refuse and recycling points at weekends and during University holidays
- not throw food out of kitchen windows as this encourages vermin
- clean the sink or en-suite bathroom regularly
- move rubbish from the room bin to the kitchen bins each week so it can be collected
- not store food in bedrooms or on windowsills
- not throw food out of bedroom windows as this encourages vermin
We will clean:
- kitchens in en-suite and catered accommodation once a week
- en-suite and studio bedrooms once a term
- bathrooms once a week (excluding Pulteney Court and Canal Wharf)
You are responsible for cleaning your kitchen and bedroom in all other accommodation.
We check kitchens and communal areas weekly.
If the cleanliness of your kitchen falls below an acceptable standard, you will have 48 hours to improve it.
If there is no improvement, our staff will carry out a full deep clean, at a cost to all residents. You will be given a date and time of when the deep clean will take place.
We check bedrooms regularly.
If your room is below an acceptable standard you will have one week to improve.
If there is no improvement, our staff will carry out a full deep clean, which you will be charged £50 for.
You will be given a date and time of when the deep clean will take place.