The DBA is an in-depth postgraduate course. It's designed for people with experience working in a mid to senior level management role in higher education.
You will need:
- to be a university graduate or have a graduate level professional qualification
- a postgraduate or advanced graduate qualification (normally a master's degree)
You must have at least three years' senior management experience in higher education.
Examples of our students include:
- mid and senior level managers working in higher education
- leaders from governmental ministries
- leaders from organisations with a higher education brief
You will need to give the details of two referees.
If you've studied in the past five years, one of your referees should be your academic supervisor.
If English is not your first language you will need an IELTS score of 6.5. You must have a score of at least 6.0 in each of the four components. Your results must be no more than two years old from the start date of the DBA course.
Find out more on the IELTS website.
As part of your application process you will have a phone interview with a member of the DBA team. We'll use this to assess your English language skills.
How we assess applications
We evaluate each application individually. If you don't meet our entry requirements but can provide evidence you are suitable, we may make you an offer to study the DBA.