Marcelle has over ten years’ experience at leading advertising agencies in London and Amsterdam. She co-founded Holiday-Rentals.com, Europe’s leading website for advertising private holiday homes.
When Holiday-Rentals.com was sold, Marcelle attended a workshop at the Institute for Philanthropy. This inspired her to found Localgiving. To date, the online platform has raised over £25 million for local charities and trained over 2,000 charities in digital skills.
She has also been:
- awarded an OBE for her services to the voluntary sector
- awarded a Beacon Fellowship for Pioneering Philanthropy
- named Philanthropist of the Year at Spear’s Wealth Management Awards
- a Trustee of New Philanthropy Capital
Marcelle also holds an honorary Doctorate of Civil Law from the University of East Anglia.
- BSc Environmental Sciences, University of East Anglia
- MBA, INSEAD