Join the School of Management as a visiting PhD student
Bring your ideas. One might just change the world.
An international community dedicated to making a difference
We are international in our outlook and believe research has no borders. Our current PhD students come from 30 different countries. Wherever you’re from, you’re welcome here.
Research is at the heart of everything we do. You'll join one of our four divisions and attend research events held by our divisions and research centres. You will benefit from a variety of seminars, paper development workshops and conferences across the School.
Up to £5,000 of funding and a fee waiver is available to the best visiting PhD candidates.
Applying to become a visiting PhD student
To apply to become a visiting PhD student:
- contact a member of faculty to discuss your visit and their willingness to supervise you
- when this has been agreed, email firstname.lastname@example.org who will send you an application form
You will need to complete this application form and include:
- an undergraduate and/or Master’s degree certificate. Include a transcript if you have one.
- a letter of endorsement from a member of academic staff supervising your research at your home university, containing:
- confirmation that you are studying for a PhD
- confirmation that they are supervising you
- confirmation that they are happy for you to spend time visiting the University of Bath School of Management
- the title of the your research and a short proposal (500 - 750 words)
- proof that you meet our English language requirements (IELTS 7 with no less than 6.5 in each component)
Applying for our Visiting PhD Student Award
We have up to £5,000 of funding and a fee waiver available to the best visiting PhD candidates.
To apply for our Visiting PhD Student Award:
- submit your application to become a visiting PhD student (as above)
- email email@example.com requesting consideration for the award. This should include:
- why you would like to come to Bath
- any other relevant information
Please note that we have a limited number of awards. We will consider you for an award only after the Doctoral College has processed your application.
Email us if you have any questions about becoming a visiting PhD student