When to use the Sponsors and partners component
Use the Sponsors and partners component to show who's involved in a University project or event.
Using the component, you can:
- add images of people or company logos
- link to any other related content, like a Person profile page or external website
You can use the component on:
On the Project template, the component is called 'Sponsors, partners and funders'.
Finding the Sponsors and partners component
You can add:
- one Sponsors and partners section to each Event
- up to two Sponsors, partners and funders sections to each Project
To find the component in the templates:
- Open the drop-down menu under 'Drag and drop components'.
- Select 'Sponsors and partners' on the Event template and 'Sponsors, partners and funders' on the Project template.
- Click 'Add component'.
The Sponsors and partners component will appear beneath 'Component(s) currently in use'.
Adding content to the Sponsors and partners component
Title and summary
In the Title field, add a title that describes what the section is about, for example, 'Our project partners'.
In the Summary field, give more context so users can see why the information is important, for example, 'We work with researchers from other universities to share knowledge and skills.'
Highlight image shape
Use the radio buttons to select the shape your images appear. You can choose from:
- circular - this is best for displaying portrait photos and square logos
- rectangular - this is best for displaying rectangular (landscape) logos
You can only choose one shape for each Sponsors and partners section.
Adding a sponsor, partner, or funder
- 'Add a sponsor' button in the Event template
- 'Add a Sponsor, partner, or funder' button in the project template
Sponsor or partner type
Use the drop-down menu to select either sponsor, partner, or funder.
In the 'Description' field, add a brief explanation of the sponsor, partner, or funder to summarise their contribution to the event or project.
Add the image URL to the 'Image web address (URL)' field.
If you chose the:
- circular image shape, your image should be 200 x 200 pixels or larger, in a 1:1 ratio
- rectangular image shape, your image should be 200 x 113 pixels or larger, in a 16:9 ratio
You must have permission to use an image of someone or a company's logo. Don't use images with small details because users won't be able to see them clearly at this size.
Add some alternative text to the 'Alternative image text (alt text)' field to describe the image for people who can't see it.
Related content link
You can add a link to the description text for each sponsor, partner, or funder using the 'Related content web address (URL)' field.
Related content button
You can also add a Related content button to link to another page that's relevant to the Sponsors and partners section.
The Related content button appears at the bottom of the Sponsors and partners section.
To add a Related content button:
- Add some short, descriptive link text to the 'Related content button text' field.
- Add the destination page URL to the 'Related content button web address (URL)' field.
Moving your content around the page
You can drag and drop each individual sponsor, partner, or funder to change the order they appear in the Sponsors and partners section.
You can also drag and drop each Sponsors and partners component to reorder the components on a page.
Click 'Collapse this section' to hide the Sponsors and partners component or each individual sponsor, partner, or funder while you work on other areas of the page. The content will still appear on the preview and published pages if you collapse part of the template.