The School of Management’s HPC Supply Chain Innovation Lab is bringing together leaders from some of the UK’s biggest infrastructure projects to discuss the contribution they are making to economic and social development.
Speakers and panellists from projects including Hinkley Point C, High Speed 2, Heathrow Airport’s expansion programme and Thames Tideway Tunnel will explore the capacity of landmark projects to deliver national and regional growth, at the Institute of Directors, London, on Wednesday 6 February.
Orchestrating Industry Collaboration is hosted by Professor Jens Roehrich, Director of the School of Management’s HPC Supply Chain Innovation Lab, with roundtable discussion chaired by Professor Veronica Hope Hailey, Dean of the School of Management and Vice President Corporate Engagement at the University.
It’s part of a series of events to focus on the interactions between business, government and academia to address challenges including productivity in economic development, delivery of safe energy and transportation and skills development of our future workforce.
Speaking ahead of the event, Professor Jens Roehrich said:
Pulling off major infrastructure projects – the like of which we will discuss at Orchestrating Industry Collaboration – is a complex jigsaw for policy-makers and industry leaders. The challenges of budget and timescale are on a grand scale but so too is their scope to create economic and social value for the duration of the project and beyond.
At Bath we are using our supply chain expertise to study and analyse these projects to help to improve industry practice, create better policy and inspire the next generation of supply chain professionals. Bringing together the people delivering some of the biggest UK projects to discuss the complexities and virtues of collaboration is an exciting part of this process.
Participants will include:
- Ken Owen, Supply Chain Director for EDF Group's HPC Project
- Michelle Tilley, Project Services Director for EDF Group’s HPC Project
- Jean-Pierre West, Deputy Supply Chain Director for EDF Group's HPC Project
- Gavin Dobbing, Head of Programme Assurance and Stakeholder Management, BEIS
- Rob Ewen, Delivery Director - Heathrow Airport Expansion Programme
- David Hancock, Director, Infrastructure and Projects Authority
- Andy Mitchell, CEO of Thames Tideway Tunnel
- Fiona Spencer, Head of Profession for project delivery, Capabilities and Resources, Home Office
- Mark Thurston, CEO, High Speed 2