Applying for a taught postgraduate course
How to apply for our taught postgraduate courses and accept an offer.
Choose a course
Before you apply, read about our taught postgraduate courses and choose the one you'd like to study.
Apply for a course
To apply for a course, you must use the online application form. You will need to create an account before you can start the application process.
On the application form, you will need to give:
- your personal details
- the date you plan to start studying
- your education details
- proof of your English level if English is not your first language
- the name and contact details of an academic referee from your current or most recent place of study
- your personal statement, explaining your reasons for wishing to study the course
- your supporting information
So we can assess your application and make our decision, you will need to give us all the necessary supporting information, including:
- a scan of your undergraduate degree certificate and your postgraduate degree certificate, if you have one
- a scan of your final degree transcript or your most recent transcript if you are still studying
- an academic reference from your current or most recent place of study, if you have one
- an up-to-date CV
- payment of the application fee, if applicable
You can also upload supporting documents through Application Tracker after you have submitted your online application.
If you are an international student, you should also give us:
- your passport details if you need a Tier 4 visa
- an authorised translation of your degree certificate and transcript if they are not in English
- your English language assessment certificate, if available
Track your application
We will send you login details for Application Tracker when you have submitted your application.
We aim to make decisions about applications within six weeks of receiving all your supporting information and will tell you whether or not you have been successful through Application Tracker. You can also check the progress of your application there.
We may also contact you for more information or, depending on the course you apply for, to invite you to an interview.
Accept your offer
If you receive an offer, use Application Tracker to accept or decline as soon as possible. For some courses, you will need to pay a deposit when you accept your offer.
Receiving an unconditional offer
If you receive an unconditional offer, you have met all the required academic conditions and we are offering you a place.
Receiving a conditional offer
If you receive a conditional offer, you may not have met all the requirements, but we hope you will be able to do so. These requirements may include English language scores, degree results, satisfactory references or payment of a deposit. You must meet these requirements and submit evidence of them through Application Tracker before you can start your studies.
If you need to improve your English language skills before starting your studies, you may be able to take a pre-sessional course to reach the required level.
When you meet the conditions of your offer, we will contact you and tell you what to do next.
Withdrawing your application
If you change your mind for any reason and no longer want to study at Bath, email firstname.lastname@example.org to withdraw your application.