When to use the Case study component
Use the Case study component to add a quote or testimonial to support the content on your page. You can embed an image, video, or audio file with the written quote.
You can use the Case study component on a Campaign page.
The Case study component isn't the same as the Case study content type.
Finding the Case study component
You can find the Case study component on the Typecase template for Campaign pages.
To find the component in the template:
- Open the drop-down menu under 'Drag and drop components'.
- Select 'Case study'.
- Click 'Add component'.
The Case study section will appear beneath 'Component(s) currently in use'.
You can only add one Case study component to a page.
Adding content to the Case study component
To create a Case study section, you must add:
- a quote
- an attribution, so users know who the quote came from
- a description, so users know why their opinion is relevant
You can also add either an image or an audio or video media embed.
Adding an image
You can choose to add an image to the Case study. Make sure the image is relevant and adds value to the content in the section.
The image should be 1024 x 576 pixels or larger, in a 16:9 ratio.
To add an image:
- Paste the image URL in the 'Image web address (URL)' field.
- Write a description of the image in the 'Alternative image text (alt text)' field to describe the image to people who can't see it.
Paste the embed code of your video or audio file in the 'Multimedia embed code' field.
Find out about embedding:
Adding a quote
Only add quotes that:
- make sense without users having to read a different web page to understand them
- relate to the rest of the content on the page - the quote should support whatever you're promoting
To add a quote:
- Type or paste the quote in the 'Quote' field.
- Add the name of the person who made the statement in the 'Attribution' field.
- In the 'Description' field, add the job title of the person quoted (if they've made the statement in a professional capacity) or their course title (if they're a student).
- If the person quoted is or was a student at Bath, use the 'Year of graduation' field to show the year they graduated or will graduate.
Things to avoid
Don't use quotes that:
- are misleading
- oversell the benefits of something
- make false or unsubstantiated claims
Your quote must comply with the Competition and Markets Authority (CMA) guidance.
Linking to related content
You can add a Related content button to the bottom of the Case study to direct users to a relevant web page, for example, a full Case study page.
To do this:
- Add some short, descriptive link text to the 'Related content button text' field.
- Add the destination page URL to the 'Related content button web address (URL)' field.
Moving your content around the page
You can drag and drop the Case study component to move it to a different position on the page.
Click 'Collapse this section' to minimise the Case study component while you work on other areas of the page. The content will still appear on the preview and published pages if you collapse part of the template.