Non-Medical Helpers (NMH) for disabled students
Information about the assistance we provide for students with disabilities to help them with specific tasks during their studies.
Non-Medical Helpers (NMH)
We provide disabled students with assistants to help with their studies. Support ranges from help with study skills to mentoring.
Disability Access Plans (DAPs) set out what kind of support a student receives. The Disability Service arranges DAPs.
Standard support services
We have approved suppliers for these services.
- Practical Support Assistant
- Library Support Assistant
- Workshop/ Laboratory Assistant
Enhanced Support Assistants
- Study Assistant
- Examination Support Worker
- Manual Note Taker
Specialist Enabled Support
- Electronic Note Taker
Specialist Access and Learning Facilitators
- Specialist Mentor
- Specialist one-to-one study skills support
Other support services
We arrange these support services through other providers. You should contact the Disability Service to find out the cost.
- Sighted guide
Specialist enabled support
- Communication support worker
- Specialist transcription services
- Mobility trainer
Specialist access and learning facilitators
- British Sign Language (BSL) Interpreter
- Language support tutor for deaf students
- Assistive technology trainer