Skip to main content

Disabled students

Where you can get help with disability issues.

University services

Disability Service

The Disability Service can provide specialist advice throughout your studies, including liaising with your department to recommend study adjustments (e.g. exam arrangements) and applying for specialist one to one support and equipment.

Student Support Advice Service

The Student Support Advice Service provide wellbeing and welfare advice and support to all students. You can talk to them about anything that's bothering you.

Autism Social Group

The Autism Social Group is run by the Disability Service for students who identify as being on the Autism Spectrum, whether there is a formal diagnosis or not. 

Campus Buddies

The Campus Buddies scheme is for new students who have disclosed an Autism Spectrum Condition, Social Anxiety or Social Phobia. This service provides informal support with the social and practical aspects of student life during the first Semester at University. For example, navigation around campus and town or how to join clubs and societies.

SU services

SU Groups

If you would like to discuss your options and support for joining an SU group or society, you can contact the SU Advice & Support Team by emailing or by completing the online disability disclosure form.


Nightline offer a peer-to-peer confidential & non-judgemental listening service every night of term between 8pm and 8am. You can phone (the number is on the back of your library card) or use the anonymous instant messenger.

SU Community Officer

The SU Community Officer is elected to represent disabled students to the University. They work directly with the University Disability Service and the Disability Action Group. You can contact them with any queries or concerns related to disability.

Disability Action

Disability Action is a student run group for anyone who identifies as having a disability and is focused on disability, impairments and mental health.

On this page