Skip to main content

International students

Where you can get help with issues if you are an international student

University services

International Support Service

The International Support Service offers practical advice, information, and support to international students including providing up-to-date information and connecting with other students.

Student Immigration Service

The Student Immigration Service provides support to prospective and current international students, on all matters to do with student visas and immigration.

Student Support Advice Service

The Student Support Advice Service provide wellbeing and welfare advice and support to all students. You can talk to them about anything that's bothering you.

Academic Skills Centre

The Academic Skills Centre provide pre-sessional, academic, mathematics and language skills support and enhancement, both for your studies and future.

SU services

The SU's International Student webpage has a wealth of information about living in Bath, support services, upcoming events and contact details.

Advice & Support Centre

The SU Advice & Support Centre offer independent guidance and support with challenges unique to being an International Student, related to academic, housing & personal issues. The best way to speak to an Adviser is to email We usually respond within one day and can arrange an appointment (in-person or online) between Monday - Friday 10am - 4pm.


Nightline offer a peer-to-peer confidential & non-judgemental listening service every night of term between 8pm and 8am. You can phone (the number is on the back of your library card) or use the anonymous instant messenger.

SU Community Officer

The SU Community Officer is elected to represent international students to the University, including working directly with our International Exec. You can contact them with any queries or concerns related to international students.

Bath Erasmus and Exchange Network

Bath Erasmus and Exchange Network (BEN) welcomes hundreds of exchange students from around the world every year, providing informal support for exchange students as well as hosting events.

Outside organisations


The UK Council for International Student Affairs (UKCISA) is the UK’s national advisory body supporting international students and those who work with them. They provide advice, guidance and information about all aspects of the international student experience, from immigration and fees to mental health, culture shock and orientation.

On this page