Our Fairtrade commitment
The University is committed to promoting, using and selling Fairtrade products across our campus hospitality and retail outlets.
Fairtrade products on campus
We're committed to using and selling Fairtrade products in our hospitality and retail outlets and catering services.
The University promotes the awareness and sale of Fairtrade products through:
- promotional events during Fairtrade Fortnight
- a range of Fairtrade products in our hospitality outlets, including all coffee and tea (except fruit tea)
- an ethical, Fairtrade clothing range in The Market
- the Food Direct catering service, which uses many Fairtrade products
- information about Fairtrade products displayed in hospitality and retail outlets
All staff and students are encouraged to support Fairtrade.
Each year we hold a fortnight of events and activities to celebrate and raise awareness of Fairtrade. This includes talks from Fairtrade producers, markets, treasure hunts, baking sessions and Fairtrade freebies.See our 2023 event calendar
The Story of an Unusual Chocolate Bar
Tony's Chocolonely joined us for our Fairtrade Fortnight 2023 celebrations, with a fascinating talk 'The Story of an Unusual Chocolate Bar'.